Native American Heritage Month 2016
November is Native American Heritage Month and all month KUMD will spotlight programming that respectfully shares the culture and traditions of indigenous peoples in America.
KUMD programming honoring Native American Heritage Month includes our regular year-round segments and programs plus additional interviews and specials. Listen Mondays and throughout the month for Minnesota Native News, Veterans Voices ~ Native Warriors, National Native News, Ojibwe Stories and more. Tune in for Native American Heritage Month on KUMD.
Year-Round Native Programming on KUMD
- National Native News | M-F 8:45am
- Minnesota Native News | Mondays 7am & 4pm
- Ojibwe Stories | Third Monday of every month at 6pm
Additional Native American Programming
- Journey to Wellness in Indian Country | Mondays at 8am
- Community Conversations | First Monday of every month at 6pm
- Veterans Voices; Native Warriors | M-F 7am
- Value Our Traditions: Reclaiming Traditional Native American Tobacco | M-F 8:50am
KUMD is a part of Ampers; The Association of Minnesota Public and Educational Radio Stations, a cooperative organization connecting independent public, educational and tribal radio stations across Minnesota. Through Ampers, KUMD partners with Northern Minnesota Tribal stations KBFT on the Boise Forte Reservation on Nett Lake, KKWE at White Earth Indian Reservation near Detroit Lakes and KOJB The Eagle of the Leech Lake Reservation south of Bemidji.