Saturday November 12 is the opening reception for St1tch: Red, a quilt and textile arts show at the Red Herring Lounge. These are not your grandmother's quilts. The show holds its own in the art world, sharing ideas, social commentary and a passion within the ever expanding world of machine quilting, using mixed media and recycled materials. Spearheaded by local artist Scott Lunt and Karen McTavish of McTavish Quilting Studio, participating artists include:
- Karen McTavish, Duluth Minnesota
- Kathy McTavish, Duluth Minnesota
- Frank Palmer, Orlando, Florida
- Alexander Kain,(BoyCraft) Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Cheryl Dennison, Duluth Minnesota
- Scott Lunt, Duluth Minnesota
The opening reception will be Saturday from 5-8pm and a rocking spectacular kicking off at 9 with projection art by Kathy McTavish and music from Duluth bands, Reflectivore and hard-core band Ire Wolves. The St1tch : : : red exhibit is up through November at the Red Herring Lounge, 208 E 1st Street in Duluth.
Check it out!